Saturday, August 29, 2009

My little family is growing (again)...

No... not THAT kind of growing!!!

I have been off and on looking at pictures of dogs on rescue sites for a few weeks just kind of seeing what kind of dogs are up for adoption. I never in a million years thought Dook would approve the addition of a new dog into his house. He has always wanted a healer dog... even though he's FAR more of a cat person than a dog person but he was looking at the pictures of dogs with me and saw a picture of this healer and said we could go look at it. (I wanted to go look at a different dog but he insisted). The people from the rescue brought the dog up, they also brought up a second dog that they thought we might want to look at as well...

We ended up with two dogs.



HOW did this happen??? Seriously insane!

Django has honestly never been so happy. It's pretty awesome! I am really glad we were able to give these dogs a home. The dog Dook adopted (Matilda) had been in a shelter her whole life! And the dog I adopted (Clarence is the working name but is not finalized) got handed over because his neighbors were shooting bottle rockets at him. Now they are here in my little house with my little boy and creating chaos!

It's pretty awesome to have two dogs because they get to play together a ton, but they also antagonize each other and it makes things a lot more chaotic.

Django has been showing them the ropes. He has been taking them around and pointing out things in the house and explaining what they are (or at least taking them around, pointing at things and talking jibberish in a very as a matter of fact manner). It's probably the cutest thin I have ever seen in my life! This is a really funny video of him telling the dog "no".

I forgot how much work dogs are (esp. young dogs). They have already dug under the fence, and escaped a few times... Today I took them on a long walk and they seem much more content.



I know there will never be a dog that can replace Nelix in my heart (he is my soul dog)... but I am really glad to be able to give Django the experience of having a dog friend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They're adorable...all three!