Sunday, April 26, 2009

Take Back The Night...

"Take back the night"...

Take it back from predators... from any who prey on another to feel powerful. Take it back and feel safe from an abuser, from someone who threatens, lies, and disgraces... Take it back from someone who threatens my life, the life of my son, who knows I am a victim of attack and proceeds to use me to make himself feel empowered... to inform me that through the "I want to be with you forever" and "you are the love of my life" after the conception of my son I would be informed "I only used you for sex" and "You are a slut"... To remind me that I gave exactly too much of myself to someone I trusted with my life.

This is a phrase that was coined for empowerment and I am currently feeling disgusted that it is being used by someone who is violent against women, I have experienced first hand abuse from and is using this phrase in a way that will benefit himself in the eyes of people who would not know better. Self promotion by means of hypocrisy... By someone who has been seen to punch a girl at a show, and defend beating up women and people who are smaller than him in public forum...

It is of my opinion that few people have true loyalty. From this point on I am adopting a no tolerance policy. There's a thin line and I don't want to associate with people who can't seem to walk on a side and defend it. You either stand up for something or you sit back and watch as people suffer. I don't know if it's my downfall that I speak my mind... that I am not able to sit back and not say anything as people hurt others... But it certainly makes me a lot of enemies. I have no respect for anyone who knows what he has done, what he has justified and knows how it has effected my life and can justify a friendship with him.

I'm sick of drama, I am sick of shit talk but I have come to the conclusion that whether I keep my mouth shut or not both of these things will occur. I have sat back for far too long in my attempt to keep the peace and am no longer able to do these things. Peoples true colors always show eventually but it seems as if most would rather look the other way than to see them . With that said... Here closes another chapter on another friendship lost to lack of respect.

Raise money for an organization that needs it, it's a great cause... but don't insult the victim, other victims, and a friend by accepting something to raise money created by someone who is guilty of the same offense you're fighting against.

Don't forget this piece of "art" was created by the same person who created this piece of "art" celebrating Jack The Ripper... Irony or true colors?... I guess only a few of us choose to see the truth.

2 comments:

Kimberly Riffle said...

The problem is this--most people would rather be part of the cool group than to speak up against fucking jerks like this. I don't know who this is, but if he is a tattoo artist, he can do no wrong in SLC. That seems to be the way things work there (and I know, I lived there for half my life). This is ridiculous. Like you, I am DONE sitting back and letting people like this do whatever they want. Now, if everyone else would please grow a spine and do the same, you could aid in making the world a slightly better place.

Stop being so complacent and apathetic.
Do something.
Don't be such wieners, please.

Kelly Green said...

Thank you!

It's nice to not feel alone in this...