Wednesday, January 20, 2010

...

A while ago my accountant told me that a huge reason a lot of businesses fail is because they don't have enough money when they initially start up...

I had a plan... Start small, get established, get coffee shop accounts, move into SLC, and then expand the grocery, and the bakery into a more inviting environment. This past year another bakery has opened, another vegan grocery store, and my profits are down by 10% from last year. My lease is up in April and I am not sure exactly where to go from here.

I was not able to get a business loan due partially to bad credit from a bankruptcy on my record from my debts my ex racked up... the whole thing is so frustrating.

I keep making new plans, coming up with new ideas and ways to save it but the more and more I think about it, the less it feels worth it to pursue anything while I remain in Utah. The thought of working for someone else makes me sick to my stomach though...

It's a great sign that veganism is becoming popular enough that these businesses are becoming more common, but it's bad for a small bakery owner, single parent who is trying to raise a son and make some money with out any assistance from a second party.

This is no way to raise Django, we should not have to go without... I need a new plan. I am heavily contemplating cutting my losses and re-opening only when and where I can get enough money to do so...

No comments: